Looking for a Placement Year in Finance and Accounting?
Apply now for a 1st July 2019 start
WHAT ARE WE OFFERING?
Full time, Placement Year
Duration: 12 months starting 1st July 2019
Working: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Package: £18,000 to £21,000 per annum + 23 days holiday
Location: Winnersh Triangle, Reading (RG41 5TP)
Interviews will take place March/April 2018
We are offering a unique opportunity to be part of a small central finance team as the company expands across Europe. The position will offer excellent exposure to a finance function and the chance to gain experience to both Finance and Accounting. We aim to provide the right candidate with a springboard to a fantastic future career in finance.
The placement will provide a mixture of experiences across the different areas in finance such as:
- Financial planning and analysis – helping to identify key trends in data, presenting financial results to convey key messages and support internal and external reporting
- Financial accounting – assisting with the preparation of consolidated Group Accounts and statutory reporting. Establishing the core accounting technical skills and knowledge
- Management accounting – support the business leaders to track the performance of their markets with sound and insightful data and analysis, helping them to make risk and fact-based decision making
- Budgeting and forecasting – utilise multiple data sets and input from various stakeholders to assist and build reliable and flexible forward looking forecasts (short, mid and long term)
- Monthly reporting and consolidation – aiding the preparation and review of monthly reports for various stakeholders
- Transaction services – gain an understanding of back office processing and controls of payments and procurement
- Ad hoc experience in other specialist functions such as tax, treasury and corporate finance
- Working with a range of our businesses and finance functions will provide experience of financial reporting, planning and control tools
We are seeking a bright, enthusiastic and committed individual who relishes a challenge.
As part of the programme we will expect you to be studying toward degree in an accounting related field and have a keen interest in further study toward a professional accountancy qualification after initial studies are completed.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail and thoroughness
- Good communication skills (both oral and written)
- Computer literate with good Excel skills
- Team player
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Proactively challenging the status quo and initiating change
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workflow around tight deadlines
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Advantage Smollan Group is the first and only global provider of innovative outsourced sales and marketing solutions, allowing us to leverage best practices, capabilities, and technologies to offer highly effective and consistent international representation to clients.